Using Herbs & Vegetables in Cooking

One of the reasons I love to garden is to get fresh herbs and vegetables for grilling and cooking. Fresh herbs are great to use in marinades, rubs, oil infusions, and so many more things. The same thing goes for vegetables. Ones that I use a lot are sweet peppers, and jalapenos. Of course there are other veggies I use on the grill too like potatoes, and zucchini.

Besides using herbs and vegetables in the kitchen, they are great on the grill. I've used cilantro and other herbs in marinades for pork, chicken, and steak. There are so many things you can do to make a great grilled meal. One of my favorite things to make on the grill is a good steak. I like to marinade the steak in some olive oil along with some fresh herbs like cilantro and oregano. I like my steak medium-rare, so I use the best instant read thermometer I can find so I have a quick accurate temperature reading.

Roasted veggies on the grill or in the oven are one of the best parts of having a garden. I'm a grilling guy so I always use them on the grill or even on the smoker. If you haven't yet used fresh herbs and veggies for grilling, you should really give it a try.