How to Grow Wine Cap Mushrooms at Home

Do you want to try to grow mushrooms in your home garden? Well, Wine Cap mushrooms are one of the easiest. I put spawn out in the spring last year, but unfortunately it got extremely hot and dry right after that I didn’t get any. But this spring they popped up. I got lot of Wine Cap mushrooms.

Wine Cap mushrooms are call King Stopharia, or Garden Giants, because they get so big. I got some really big ones. I love sauteing them and adding them to omelets. They are really easy to grow. They are pretty much hands off compared to growing other mushrooms

Check out the video below from Field & Forest on the easy method for how to grow wine cap mushrooms at home in your garden. It’s simple. I got my mushroom spawn from them too.

I hope that video helped out with how to grow these Garden Giants at home. I eat a lot of mushrooms, so it’s perfect. They also help build soil. So, you really can’t beat it. Give Wine Cap mushroom growing a try, I’m sure you will enjoy it like I have.